This article lists 12 bedtime habits that you should avoid, especially in case you’re suffering from a lack of sleep.
1. If you are a book lover and read around evening time, you should avoid it, and read a little earlier. Moreover, keep it aside, do not bring your book to bed.
2. Before you go to sleep, you should keep all electronic things away. If you use your PC or mobile phone just before you go to sleep, the brightness of the screen will fortify your brain and will disturb your rest.
3. You should also avoid sleeping and napping at any time of the day. Instead, you should make a reliable routine and time of your sleeping, in order to prepare your brain for sleeping.
4. You should choose an alarm clock with dimmer numbers. Bright alarm clocks will likewise fortify your brain and will make sleeping complicated for you.
5. Caffeine fortifies your body and makes you feel fresh, so drink your cappuccino at least 4 hours before you go to sleep.
6. Try to sleep on your side rather than on your stomach or back. Moreover, adopt the best sleeping position, to abstain from having sore back and shoulder or even neck the next morning.
7. Workout at least 3 hours before sleep time, for exercise makes you feel fresh and lively.
8. You should never go for cheaper mattress, instead, get a good one in order to improve your sleep. A high-quality mattress will make you rest comfortably, and this will keep you fresh and sound.
9. You should have your dinner 2 hours before going to bed, since if your stomach is full, your body may keep you awake in order to digest it.
10. Try using some heating pad or socks to make your feet warm, because if your feet are cold, they will most likely make it difficult for you to rest.
11. Avoid any drinks before you go to bed! For instance, if you drink a glass of water 1-2 before bedtime, you may need to wake up 2-3 times to go to bathroom.
12. Make your body mindful about night time and sleep, and it will prepare itself to rest. Make a schedule, go to bathroom, brush your teeth and wash your face every night before going to sleep.
Source: Health Tips Portal
Share It To Your Friends!