Swelling or bloating is often caused by over-eating rather than a serious illness. However, the problem can also be caused something else.
Causes of Bloating
- Air swallowing (a nervous habit)
- Accumulation of fluid in the abdomen (this may be a sign of a serious health problem)
- Gases in the intestine by eating foods rich in fiber (like fruits and vegetables)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose intolerance
- Ovarian cysts
- Partial intestinal obstruction
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Weight gain
- A cup of water.
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix the ingredients until they blend well.
- Drink immediately after preparation.
Simple Tips to Prevent Bloating
- Eat slowly and chew well before swallowing.
- Enrich your menu with foods that prevent bloating – peppermint tea, ginger, pineapple, parsley and yogurt probiotics (providing you don’t have lactose intolerance)
- Cut down salt, fried foods, refined products, fizzy drinks, sweets and excess alcohol as these foods overwork your stomach and slow down digestion.
- Exercise regularly because physical activity is critical for overall health and wellbeing.
- Reduce stress exposure as stress directly affects your health and quality of life.
Source: Super Tasty Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!