It’s no secret that lemons are great for your health, but did you know that the peel of the lemon is just as beneficial? Here are some great uses for lemon peels that you might not have known about.
Lemon peels contain the same health benefits of lemons, including the ability to boost your immune system, lower cholesterol, and in some cases even prevent cancer. But lemon peels also have the ability to protect against infections, bacteria, and parasites. Here are 16 incredible health benefits and other uses of lemon peels:
1. Lemon peels contain more vitamin C than lemon juice does, which is great for boosting your immune system.
2. Along with vitamin C, lemon peels contain bioflavonoids that naturally flush toxins from the body.
3, Lemon peels also contain natural nutritional compounds that support liver health.
4. Lemon peels help produce hormones that promote healthy circulation.
5. The citric acid in lemon peels can help brighten dull nails. All you have to do is rub the lemon peel on your nails to give them a healthy shine.
6. Lemon peels can be used as a natural dish scrubber. The antibacterial nature of the lemon peel is a safe alternative to dish soap.
7. You can use lemon peels in your dishwasher to enhance your dish soap, and give your dishes a fresh, clean scent.
8. Lemon peels are excellent for cleaning cutting boards, especially to get rid of the smell of onions or garlic.
9. Lemon peels are a great flavor additive to oils like olive oil. All you have to do is add a few slices of lemon peel while you are cooking with olive oil.
10. Lemon peels are a natural pest deterrent. Just place lemon peels anywhere that you think ants are getting into your house to keep them out.
11. Lemon peels can help fight against free radicals in the body that cause premature aging, inflammation, and cancer.
12. Lemon peels contain limonene and slavestrol Q40, both of which are proven cancer fighters.
13. Lemon peels are amazing for your skin. The acid in lemon peels can help remove dead skin cells that clog pores and cause acne.
14. Lemon peels can be used to make a natural hair conditioner that works better than anything you can buy in the store. Just take the peels from 2-3 lemons and add them to a jar of vinegar. Let the peels soak in the vinegar for 10-14 days. Add a teaspoon of the mixture to a mug of water, and use in the shower just like conditioner.
15. Lemon peels can be used with other dried citrus peels to create homemade vitamin C powder. Not only is it a pure form of vitamin C, it also got live enzymes, unlike store-bought vitamin C tablets.
16. Lemon peels make incredible seasoning. Dry a handful of lemon peels in the oven, grid them up, and use them to season chicken, fish, and pork.
Source: Buy Non-GMO Seeds
Share It To Your Friends!