Watermelon seeds usually end up in the trash can, and just a small group of people eat them to improve their digestive system, but unfortunately that is all. The seeds just go through the digestive tract and mechanically ease the food digestion, so most of their beneficial properties remain unused.
You need to cook, ground or roast watermelon seeds in order to use their healing power. The seeds contain fiber, necessary for proper digestion and efficient in the treatment of intestinal parasites, jaundice, and inflammations.
Watermelon seeds are rich in citrulline, an organic compound with antioxidant properties. It dilates the blood vessels, and thus helps in the treatment of atherosclerosis, high blood pressure and angina pectoris.
At the beginning of the 20th century, a group of American scientists explained that watermelon seeds are efficient in the treatment of kidney diseases and urinary infections.
According to their results, watermelon seed tea is an excellent diuretic and it is recommended for patients who need to eliminate any stones in the kidneys and urinary tract.
The scientists recommended the following procedures:
- Crush and ground 4 tablespoons of fresh watermelon seeds.
- Cook the seeds in 67 oz /2l of water for 15 minutes.
- This tea is enough for two days, and try do drink it in equal doses.
- Do not drink it on the third day.
- Repeat the same procedure for a few weeks, following the same instructions.
- Drink it for two days, then take a break.
Source: Healthy Food House
Share It To Your Friends!