When you get cut, bruised, or scraped, the blood platelets (thrombocytes) come to the rescue. Their main job is to join together to form a clot, which will stop blood loss and preventing a hemorrhage. Low blood platelet count (thrombocytopenia) can happen because of a disease or a medication.
One of the best ways to increase your platelet count is to get enough sleep. Some foods also help in upping your blood platelets, which is why you should add the following to your diet:
1. Spinach: This healthy green is rich in vitamin K, which helps in proper blood clotting and reduction of excessive bleeding risk. It’s easy to add spinach to your diet as it can be in soups, side dishes, or green smoothies.
2. Pumpkin: Rich in vitamin A, eating pumpkin can help with proper development of blood platelets. Additionally, it also normalizes the proteins found in the cells, which aids in raising your platelet count as well. Pumpkins can be used in smoothies, baked goods, and stews.
3. Papaya: The papaya fruit and its leaves are known to increase low platelet count in just a few days. There was a study back in 2009 where researchers discovered that the juice from the leaves can be used to regulate platelet count for people with dengue fever. You can drink a glass of papaya juice every day and add a bit of lemon juice. Do this for twice or thrice a day. You can also eat ripe papaya fruit to increase your platelet count.
4. Indian Gooseberries: This fruit used as a remedy for low blood platelet count is quite popular in Ayurvedic treatments. Also recognized as amla, this is rich in vitamin C, which not only increases your platelet production, but also boosts your immune system. It is recommended that you eat three to four Indian gooseberries after waking up every morning before you have anything else, including water.
5. Wheatgrass: This is one of the most beneficial for the blood as it not only increases platelet count, but also production of hemoglobin, white blood cells, differential white blood cell count, and red blood cells. Wheatgrass has high amounts of chlorophyll, which has a molecular structure that is comparable to the molecules of hemoglobin found in human blood. Drinking half a cup of wheatgrass juice with lemon every day can help solve your platelet problem.
Having low platelet count is a health disorder that can be treated with some lifestyle changes and eating the foods recommended above.
Source: Steth News
Share It To Your Friends!