People throw away banana peels all the time thinking that only the flesh contains all the good stuff.
But that’s simply not true. In fact, as much as half of a banana’s nutrients are found in the peel! That’s right. You’ve been mindlessly throwing away at least half of what you’ve paid for.
In many parts of the world banana peels are eaten all the time. Some folks have even found interesting ways to make use of the peel.
And now people are discovering that banana peels can also help with weight loss.
How Banana Peel Helps You Lose Weight
The flesh of a medium-sized banana contains key nutrients that help manage weight:
- 12% of your daily fiber, which helps with digestion and may help lower your risk of diabetes
- 17% of your vitamin C, which is important for your immune system
- 20% of your vitamin B-6, which aids the body’s ability to convert food into energy
- 12% of your potassium, which helps in development of cells, tissues, and organs throughout the body
- 8% of your magnesium, which is important for the body’s energy productions and regulating glucose and blood pressure levelsEating the skin along with the flesh gives you even more of these nutrients.“[The skin] contains high amounts of vitamin B6 and B12, as well as magnesium and potassium. It also contains some fiber and protein,” San Diego-based nutritionist Laura Flores told LiveScience.
By now, you’ve probably heard all about the pros and cons of eating ripe or unripe bananas. When it comes to weight loss, green is your best option.
They contain more probiotics, which are great for helping your digestive health. Plus, green peels can help raise serotonin and dopamine levels, which in turn makes you feel good. This can help you manage emotional eating.
But you can still use a yellow peel for weight loss if you prefer something sweeter.
Ways to Eat Banana Peel?
Fruit peels in general contain higher concentration levels of phytonutrients, which tend to make them taste bitter.
But there are some delicious ways to eat them.
- You can cut both ends of the peel and throw it into your smoothie. Add whatever other ingredients you like.
- You can boil your peel and make banana tea!
- You use banana peel for curry instead of potatoes.Feel free to get creative and try different recipes.One last thing to remember before eating banana peels is to always make sure to buy organic in order to limit your exposure to pesticides. And be sure to wash them thoroughly before use.
Source: Home Healthy Remedies
Share It To Your Friends!