Intestinal worms that can be found in children are very common and can actually spread rapidly. For that reason, deworming as soon as you have notice the symptoms are very important.
What is Deworming?
Deworming is a process which includes the utilization of medication in order to remove the infestation of worms in the intestine. The treatment aims to get rid of the worms and eliminate any infection that can lead to discomfort in the patient.
Symptoms of Worms in Kids
One of the dangers that are brought by intestinal worms are the symptoms that are delicate and most of time overlooked by the parents. Children are exposed to catching intestinal worms and may show different signs just like the following:
- Sore tummy: your children may often complain about a stomach ache.
- Loss of appetite: your children may lose his appetite and don’t actually eat that much.
- Weight loss
- Your children always feel empty or hungry.
- May experience nausea or vomiting.
- Anemia is very common to the children who have hookworms.
- Rashes, itching in the anal region especially around the anus through which the worms have entered. This happens in the case of pinworms and threadworms.
- Blood can be found in the stool and diarrhea, this situation is rare.
- May experience irritably and trouble in sleeping due to discomfort brought by itchiness.
- Frequent painful urination.
- Continuous coughing.
Leucaena leucocephala is known as a small, fast growing tree that can be found in Mexico and Central America. It is also known as white lead tree. It actually bares different kinds of name and it is called “Ipil-ipil” in the Philippines.
During the year 1970’s and 1980’s it was promoted as a “miracle tree” due to its multiple uses and it has been also described as a “conflict-tree”.
This tree has been considered to be one of the 100 worst aggressive species because it grows easily in urban areas, along roadsides, in car parks and in some abandoned lands.
The great thing about this tree is that its plant contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains p-hydroxycinnamic acid that can lessen the risk of stomach cancer.
In the Philippines, because of its effectiveness it has been used for deworming children. Consuming the shells of Leucaena leucocephala affects and kills the worms that are living inside the body. Its natural properties have the ability to get rid of the worms which includes roundworms, flukes and even tapeworms.
Young shells are also used in making Javanese vegetable salad with spicy peanut sauce as well as fish wrapped in papaya or taro leaves in Indonesia and lastly in papaya salad in Laos.
Note: Never consume them raw, it is best to consume these when it is completely cooked.
Source: Mom Junction
Share It To Your Friends!