It appears in various color such as white cream and yellow-orange color. In the Philippines, we have sweet potato that has a purple flesh.
Here are the 10 things sweet potatoes are highly recommended for diabetic patients.
1. It contains huge amount of Vitamin A that could regenerate the respiratory system especially for those people who smoke.
2. It also contains Beta-carotene that serves as an antioxidant, which prevents various diseases such as arthritis, asthma and gout. It can also help in preventing breast cancer from getting severe.
3. This is highly-recommended for diabetes patients because it can naturally stabilize the sugar levels that controls the insulin resistance for the diabetic persons.
4. It is packed with folic acid which is recommended for all pregnant women for it is essential for the development of a healthy fetus.
5. It is loaded with fibers that will completely help you in having a healthy digestion and also in detoxification.
6. Broth water from boiled sweet potatoes can be applied to our skin to treat some skin conditions like irritation. It can cleanse all the pores and eliminate all impurities.
7. It can evenly dispense potassium levels on your body that is good for the heart. It can lessen the impact of sodium when it is consumed by our body. Potassium is known for regulating our blood pressure and in balancing electrolytes in our body.
8. It can also give sufficient amount of Vitamin C.
9. It is also packed with Vitamin D that could make some parts of the body healthy and strong just like the teeth, bones, skin, heart. It can also improve our energy levels which makes the thyroid glands works accordingly.
10. Lastly, the potassium that it contains helps effectively for healthy tissues and muscles. It can lessen the swelling and cramps by providing relaxation for the muscle. It can also regulate heartbeat and heart rate.
Source: Read and Digest
Image: Designed to Nourish
Share It To Your Friends!