Apparently, it appears that left-handed people are more independent than those people who are right-handed.
Here are the 24 truths about left-handed people that might interests you:
1. At least 5 to 10% of the world population is left-handed.
2. Left-handed people have the tendency to use the right part of their brain.
3. Left-handed people are known to be late bloomers, which means they already reached their puberty 5 months after ‘righties’ do.
4. Animals can become left-handed as well or left-pawed to be exact.
5. People who are left-handed can actually see clearly underwater even more so than the right-handed people.
6. Left-handed individuals suffer from emotions in a different way than the right-handed people because of their ability to process information faster.
7. Alcohol and ‘lefties’ are tightly linked, since they have around 3% higher risk of being addicted to it.
8. The origin of the word ‘left’ came from the Anglo-Saxon era and it is based on the word ‘lyft’, which means broken or weak.
9. Around 40% of the most well established tennis players are left-handed.
10. In America alone, 4 out of 7 states are left-handed.
11. Left-handed people can be excellent at several sports such as tennis, swimming, boxing, baseball and the like.
12. In addition, math runs in most of the left-handed people’s genes, and the same is true for architecture and spatial awareness.
13. Insomnia is more frequent for left-handed people.
14. August 13th is the International Left-Handers Day.
15. A study has shown that left-handed college graduates can actually make fortune that is at least 26% bigger than the right-handed people.
16. Out of four, one of the Apollo astronauts was left-handed.
17. Left-handedness was connected to rebellion in the past, as well as neurosis, homosexuality, the devil, and criminality. On the other hand, it has been linked to creativity and musicality.
18. If left handed people injure their dominant hand, they can actually learn to use the other quicker than of the same happens to a right-handed person, according to medical experts.
19. Some of the longest words that you can write using your left hand are tesserae decades, sweater and dresses.
20. Left handed people are more prone to asthma and allergies than right-handed individuals.
21. Some of the most brutal killers in human history were left-handed. For instance, the Boston Stranglers, Osama bin Laden, and Jack the Ripper.
22. Left-handedness definitely runs in the family. For an instance, Prince William, Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Mother and Prince Charles were left-handed.
23. Statistics have shown that women who give birth in their 40s have at least 128% higher chance of giving birth to a left-handed child when compared with women who give birth in their 20s.
Source: Read and Digest
Share It To Your Friends!