But despite of former discouragements of medical experts, recent research reveal that coffee is chemically complex, which includes a group of powerful polyphenols, and has multiple benefits like medicinal plants.
Here are the reasons why you should love coffee even more starting today:
1. Coffee also benefits the liver and reduces the risk of gallstones.
2. Because caffeine relaxes the smooth muscle encircling the airways, it was a traditional remedy for asthma. And its effects on muscle can enhance strength and endurance.
3. Coffee protects the nervous system. In addition to keeping us alert, regular coffee consumption reduces the risk of stroke, depression, dementia, and Parkinson’s disease. When people with mild cognitive impairment (loss of memory and other mental functions less severe than outright dementia) drank three to five (8-ounce) cups a day, they reduced their risk of progressing to actual dementia.
4. Coffee reduces the risk for some cancers, including colon, prostate, uterine, skin (basal cell carcinoma), and head and neck cancer.
5. Coffee helps shield the system against cardiovascular disease. Regular coffee consumption lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes and may help overweight people shed pounds. Being overweight and having diabetes elevates cardiovascular disease risk. Just be sure to steer clear of unfiltered coffee, which can raise cholesterol.
Source: Everyday Health
Image: Good Things Guy
Share It To Your Friends!