The main functions of antioxidants in our body are: they can slow down aging, prevents cancer and heart diseases. Glutathione, considered as the "mother of antioxidants," can actually be found in plants, animals, fungi and even in some bacteria.
Glutathione is capable of preventing damage to important cellular components caused by reactive oxygen species such as free radicals, peroxides, lipid peroxides, and heavy metals. It is a tripeptide with a gamma peptide linkage between the carboxyl group of the glutamate side chain and the amine group of cysteine, and the carboxyl group of cysteine is attached by normal peptide linkage to a glycine.
Glutathione is also a powerful immune booster and a detoxifier, which is very important for cleansing our internal organs from toxic substances and radicals caused by stress, infection and radiation.
Natural Sources of Glutathione
Though your body produces this antioxidant itself, the following foods are an additional source of glutathione:
ü Red pepper
ü Turmeric (Curcumin)
ü Brussels sprouts
In addition, it is important to mention that exercise increases the production of glutathione and breathing and sweating are a great way to get rid of toxins in the body.
12 Benefits of Glutathione to Your Body
1. It is the main antioxidant and detoxifier in your body.
2. It has anti-inflammatory properties. Internal bleeding causes inflammation, a condition associated with many diseases. It is a firefighter in your body.
3. Glutathione is present in large amounts in the liver, which is the main organ for detoxification. It removes debris from heavy metals, drugs and various toxins.
4. It transports the proteins and nutrients to the cells.
5. All antioxidants, especially glutathione, protect immune cells from an oxidative stress.
6. It increases the energy of your body.
7. It never turns into a free radical and has the capacity to recycle, as well as provide support to other antioxidants do their job.
8. It slows down aging and diseases of aging such as heart disease, arthritis, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, Parkinson’s disease and others. In a study done by scientists at Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, explained the link between high levels of glutathione and higher health in a group of older people.
9. It protects the eyes from UV rays.
10. It improves the condition of skin, hair and nails. The high level of glutathione prevents from acne, psoriasis, dry skin and wrinkles. It provides the collagen from the skin to remain intact and thus to avoid aging skin.
11. Glutathione is the savior of insomnia.
12. It provides greater endurance and muscle recovery in athletes.
Source: Health & Love Page
Share It To Your Friends!